On the request of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), the Supreme Court has today (19 June 2015) extended the time limit for conducting the re-examination of the All India Pre-Medical Test 2015 (AIPMT 2015) and has directed the CBSE to conduct the retest and declare its results latest by 17 August 2015. As reported yesterday, CBSE had sought more time from Supreme Court to conduct re-exam of AIPMT.
Update (23 June 2015): AIPMT re-examination to be held on 25 July 2015 by CBSE.
Today’s decision was passed by a vacation bench of the Supreme Court comprising of Justice R.K. Agrawal and Justice Abhay Manohar Sapre.
Therefore, the AIPMT re-exam is likely to take place sometime in last week of July 2015 or in the first week of August 2015, which is less than 2 months from today.
See our full coverage on AIPMT paper leak case:
- AIPMT retest – CBSE seeks more time from Supreme Court to conduct re-exam.
- AIPMT re-examination may not be possible before November 2015, CBSE may approach Supreme Court.
- AIPMT Judgment: Tanvi Sarwal v. Central Board of Secondary Education, Supreme Court Judgment, 15 June 2015.
- 15 June – AIPMT exam cancelled by Supreme Court, re-test to be conducted by CBSE within 4 weeks.
- 12 June – AIPMT paper leak – re-exam – Supreme Court to deliver its judgment on 15 June – Stay to Continue till then.
- AIPMT results declaration stay extended till 12 June by Supreme Court: 8 June 2015.
- 3 June: AIPMT paper leak re-exam : Supreme Court stays declaration of results by CBSE till 10 June.
- Supreme Court issues Notice over Cancellation of All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT) over alleged paper leak in Haryana
- SC asks Haryana Police to identify beneficiaries of All India Pre-Medical Test paper leak
- Supreme Court does not order re-examination for AIPMT at this stage as investigation in paper leak continues