complained to FSSAI no response what is the remedy.

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Others complained to FSSAI no response what is the remedy.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      thrishul h

Sir i had complained to FSSAI about a fully fledged hotel running without taking FSSAI license in Anantpur rural AP.I have concern number .But the complaint is unattended since a year telling “Status of Application: Action Required By DO”.My correspondence with officials yielded no result (emails ,logging grievience in CPGRAMs,PMOPG).
      What are the possible legal remedies?Will a lawyer notice do the trick.I have rented out a shop next to the hotel.

A Designated Officer (DO) is appointed for every district for implementation of the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, which governs the FSSAI. Then, there is a Commissioner for Food Safety for each state.

You can read the above Act online and also about the duties and responsibilities of these and other officers under the above Act online by clicking here.

You can complain to the DO of your district and, if need be, to the Commission for Food Safety of your state. I think complaining directly to the FSSAI may not be of much help. The district and state level officers are directly in charge of the implementation of the Act.

If, despite your complaints, they don’t act and/or take too long to respond, you can file a complaint with their superior authority. Another option in such a case is to file a writ petition in the high court seeking directions to the DO or the Commissioner to take action on the complaint. But, remember, the writ petition in high court may itself take time and may involve additional expenses for you.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Others’ is closed to new Questions and replies.