Where to appeal against acquittal of accused in cheque bounce case?

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Where to appeal against acquittal of accused in cheque bounce case?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Ashok Dhamija Dr. Ashok Dhamija 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

  • Author
  • #4846


    The accused person in a cheque bounce case under Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act has been acquitted. The complaint had been filed by me. Where can I now appeal against the acquittal order? In which court?

  • #4848

    Since the trial in a cheque bounce case is conducted by a Magistrate court, an appeal against the decision of the Magistrate in such a case can be filed in the Sessions Court.


    Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You may also like to read these topics:

Where can appeal be filed in a compoundable summons trial case?
Limitation for appeal in High Court against acquittal of accused by Sessions Court?
Court Consent decree - appeal after long delay for wrong name of father
Consumer complaint case for faulty mobile phone goes against me

Facebook Comments

[Note: For a free legal question with your Facebook login, click here.]