Consumer complaint case for faulty mobile phone goes against me

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Consumer Laws Consumer complaint case for faulty mobile phone goes against me


This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Ashok Dhamija Dr. Ashok Dhamija 1 year ago.

  • Author
  • #4371


    I had purchased a top class OnePlus mobile phone for about Rs. 25000/-. It used to get heated very often just after some use. As per advice of the dealer, I went to their service centre and got it repaired twice, but the problem still remained. I filed a consumer case against them in the District Consumer Forum, but lost the case due to some procedural reasons. What can I do now?

  • #4372

    As per the provisions of Section 15 of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986, any person aggrieved by an order made by the District Forum may prefer an appeal against such order to the State Commission within a period of 30 days from the date of the order. In appropriate cases, the State Commission has the power the condone the delay also.

    Therefore, if you want to pursue this matter further, you may file an appeal with the State Consumer Forum in your state.


    Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You may also like to read these topics:

Where can appeal be filed in a compoundable summons trial case?
Limitation for appeal in High Court against acquittal of accused by Sessions Court?
Where to appeal against acquittal of accused in cheque bounce case?
Court Consent decree - appeal after long delay for wrong name of father

Facebook Comments

[Note: For a free legal question with your Facebook login, click here.]