My wife asks Maintenance in both DV & MC

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Family Law My wife asks Maintenance in both DV & MC

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Kumar

I filed divorce case against My wife in family court. After that my wife filed MC case in family court still it is pending and also she filed domestic violence case against me in another court. Now in DV case she asks for interim maintenance. My question is Can my wife ask maintenance in two cases ( mc & dv ). ?

I have already replied to a similar question: Double jeopardy of 3 cases under 125 CRPC, HMA 24 and DV Act on same grounds, which relates to maintenance in three different types of proceedings between the same parties. In your case, you have mentioned two proceedings for maintenance. The above reply covers your question. So, please read the above-mentioned reply.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Family Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Section 23 of maintenance and senior citizen act 2007
Remedy for elderly parents if their child abandoned them
Does court of JMFC have unlimited power in relation to maintenance allowance?
False 498a ,506 cases on NRIs with Indian passport