Is it necessary to get contract drafted or reviewed by lawyer?

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Service and Labour Laws Is it necessary to get contract drafted or reviewed by lawyer?

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

For new employees entering into my firm, I have prepared a contract agreement for them. Is it necessary to get such an employment contract drafted or reviewed by a lawyer for some other legal expert? If I use a contract agreement that has been prepared by me using the commonsense, will that not be sufficient?

There is no such legal requirement. It is up to your own comfort level and convenience. Getting a contract drafted or vetted by a lawyer, who has expertise in the specific domain, may ensure that it is legally perfect and it may save you from future legal troubles, if any. At the same time, if you are confident of doing it yourself, go ahead and do it, by all means.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Service and Labour Laws’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Can private companies have bonded employees?
Is seller of goodwill restrained to do business even after buyer stops business?
Want to leave job after 1 year when there is bond for 2 years
Legal Position on Agreement signed under duress