Is employee not allowed to get RTI information from his department?

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Others Is employee not allowed to get RTI information from his department?

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

I sent RTI application to my department where I am working as a government employee. But the information was denied to me saying that a government employee cannot seek RTI information from his own department. Actually previously I had asked the information by a normal proper channel but I did not get information. It was only after this that I had sent RTI application. Now RTI is also refused. What can be done? Is government employee debarred from getting RTI information from his own department?

Yes, a government employee has the right (as a citizen) to file an application under the RTI Act to get information from his own department where he is working. In fact, I have already replied to a similar question in the past and my reply is available at: Can a Government employee submit RTI application relating to his service records?

This reply may please be seen for more details.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Others’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Can I use RTI to get case related info from banks?
Can I use RTI to get information about progress of investigation in FIR?
RTI information not supplied within one month to do, what can be done?
Can Lokayukta or Chief Information Commissioner be prosecuted under S. 219 IPC?