Civil partition case put as paper book

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Civil Law Civil partition case put as paper book

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Respected Sir,

We have filed case of joint family property partition Civil court. Tbe case ag hearing stage after court passes expary order against Defendants failed to attend the court. On last court date we were asked to file EVIDENCE AFFIDAVIT. However my father (plaintiff) due to health issue and my elder brother (power of attorney holder) due to leave cancelation from his office failed to attend the court and now the Hon’ble Judge has removed the case from HEARING and put it as PAPER BOOK.

Is there any way we can still file my fathers evidence affidavit by taking the case on-board as we’ll not be able to attend the next given court date and bring it to HEARING stage to get it decided at earliest.

Thanking you,
      ROHAN

The procedure / nomenclature may be slightly different in different states. Usually, paper book is prepared in the appellate court.

In any case, you may request the court, by filing an appropriate application, seeking permission / more time to file your affidavit / evidence, whatever you need to file in court.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Thanks for your reply sir.

Our case is filed in Maharashtra state. It will be really helpful if you tell us below things
      1. Should we file a normal request application along with evidance affidavit OR
      2. Does the application needs to be filed under any section of CPC to get the case on hearing stage.

Thanking you,
      ROHAN

Request you to please send reply on my 2nd query.

Thanking you,
      ROHAN

Respected sir,

Reply awaited.

Thanking you,
      ROHAN

Please ascertain this from your local lawyer since he would be fully aware of detailed facts and he would also have seen the last orders of the court.     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The Question ‘Civil partition case put as paper book’ is closed to new replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Decree of a Subordinate Court
Revision PETITION against ex parte decree
Order 7 Rule 11 of CPC repeated petition or amendment
ex parte, civil procedure law - revision petition in high court