ex parte, civil procedure law – revision petition in high court

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Civil Law ex parte, civil procedure law – revision petition in high court

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Ashok Dhamija Dr. Ashok Dhamija 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

  • Author
  • #4765


    Judgement debtor ex party in lower court, since 24 months plus nor he appeeared nor his advocate,

    court passed orders,8.3.17 warrent of possession, orders excueted, 27.11.17
    JD ex party, appears in court of law, 30.11.17, filed application to appoint Local commissioner. application dissmissed, order 18.12.17. JD filed revision in high court for order 8.3.17, qnd 18.12.17.

    please advise

    what is law about : in one application two order revision maintainable. ask two reliefs ??, maintainable.??

    Can challange two orders in one application

    JD Ex party in lower court 24 months plus nor JD nor his advocate appear in court. but order ex party on 3.8.17,
    not restored his position in lower court, JD eligible to file revision in high court ??

    8.3.17 order can be challange in high court after one year.

    pleas advise /help
    sushil mehta +919418621618

  • #4822

    Where an ex parte decree / order is passed, the limitation period is 30 days, but it is counted from the date when applicant had knowledge of the decree where the summons or notice was not duly served. So, the beginning of the limitation period would depend on the facts of each case.


    Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You may also like to read these topics:

Revision PETITION against ex parte decree
Order 7 Rule 11 of CPC repeated petition or amendment
Can a respondent be compelled to appear personally in civil proceedings
Why is the logic behind requiring Affidavits to be verified at the foot?

Facebook Comments