Can I see Confidential Reports of other employees under the RTI Act?

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Service and Labour Laws Can I see Confidential Reports of other employees under the RTI Act?

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

Sir, can I see the Confidential Reports (CRs) of other employees under the RTI Act?

It may not be permissible to see or get details of the Confidential Reports of other employees under the Right to Information Act.

Such information is generally refused under Section 8 of the RTI Act, especially, clauses (e) and (j) thereof, which are as under:

8. Exemption from disclosure of information.—(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, there shall be no obligation to give any citizen,—

(f) information received in confidence from foreign Government;

(j) information which relates to personal information the disclosure of which has no relationship to any public activity or interest, or which would cause unwarranted invasion of the privacy of the individual unless the Central Public Information Officer or the State Public Information Officer or the Appellate Authority, as the case may be, is satisfied that the larger public interest justifies the disclosure of such information:”

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The Question ‘Can I see Confidential Reports of other employees under the RTI Act?’ is closed to new replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Can I use RTI to get case related info from banks?
Can I use RTI to get information about progress of investigation in FIR?
RTI information not supplied within one month to do, what can be done?
Can Lokayukta or Chief Information Commissioner be prosecuted under S. 219 IPC?