Appeal to High Court against revision petition dismissed by Sessions court

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Appeal to High Court against revision petition dismissed by Sessions court

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

One of my application was dismissed by Magistrate. I filed a revision application before the Session Court and that was also dismissed. Now, how can I file a petition / appeal before the High Court. Under what section it is possible?

If a revision application has already been dismissed by the Sessions Court against an order passed by the Magistrate, then such order of the Sessions Court can be challenged before the High Court by way of a petition under Section 482 of the Criminal Procedure Code read with Article 227 of the Constitution.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The Question ‘Appeal to High Court against revision petition dismissed by Sessions court’ is closed to new replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Where can appeal be filed in a compoundable summons trial case?
Limitation for appeal in High Court against acquittal of accused by Sessions Court?
Where to appeal against acquittal of accused in cheque bounce case?
Court Consent decree - appeal after long delay for wrong name of father