Appeal against Central Information Commission order on RTI reply?

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Others Appeal against Central Information Commission order on RTI reply?

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

After fighting for several months, I did not get RTI reply which I sought. Now, my second appeal before the Central Information Commission at New Delhi has also been rejected. Is there any provision of appeal against Central Information Commission because the RTI Act does not lay down any such appeal? I want to challenge the completely illegal order of CIC? What should I do?

There is no statutory appeal provided under the Right to Information Act against the order of the Central Information Commission.

However, if needed, you may file a writ petition under Article 226 of the Constitution to the High Court against such order of the Central Information Commission. Thereafter, if needed, you may file a Special Leave Petition (SLP) before the Supreme Court, against the decision of the High Court.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Others’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Can I use RTI to get case related info from banks?
Can I use RTI to get information about progress of investigation in FIR?
RTI information not supplied within one month to do, what can be done?
Can Lokayukta or Chief Information Commissioner be prosecuted under S. 219 IPC?