To ask about service matter – effect of criminal case as juvenile

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Service and Labour Laws To ask about service matter – effect of criminal case as juvenile

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Sir I have been selected in stamps & resistration department of Rajasthan but when I was 17 years old a case was filled against me that have section of 147,148,149,302,460 & after hearing I was acquitted by children court so after all my documents verification my joining has been hold on I worried about it plz sir give me suggestions

Looking at the facts of your case, I am presuming that the criminal case mentioned by you was registered prior to 15 January 2016, i.e., before the latest Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015, came into force. If that was the case, then in view of the provisions of Section 19 of the old Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000, you will not face any disqualification for any offence committed by you as a juvenile, and more so because there was an acquittal in your favour in respect of such offence. This section is as under:

19. Removal of disqualification attaching to conviction.—(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law, a juvenile who has committed an offence and has been dealt with under the provisions of this Act shall not suffer disqualification, if any, attaching to a conviction of an offence under such law.

(2) The Board shall make an order directing that the relevant records of such conviction shall be removed after the expiry of the period of appeal or a reasonable period as prescribed under the rules, as the case may be.”

Therefore, the said offence committed by you as a juvenile should not be a disqualification in the matter getting employment.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Service and Labour Laws’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Suicide, Abetment and Attempt to Suicide
what is equivalent of innocence till proven guilty mandate/dictum in india?
sign on blank 50rs stamp paper in 2013
No call details record of complainant in the FIR/ charge sheet