what is equivalent of innocence till proven guilty mandate/dictum in india?

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Others what is equivalent of innocence till proven guilty mandate/dictum in india?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

what is the cpc/crpc number for this? violation of citizen rights?
      and which court should I approach regarding this?
      I am searching to no avail. so only experts can answer
      —————————————————

any help is appreciated.

This is an academic question, which we don’t answer as per our Forum guidelines. This Forum is meant to help on real legal issues of litigants and not academic legal issues.

In any case, this rule is writ everywhere in criminal laws, spread over various provisions, starting with Article 21 of the Constitution of India which guarantees a fundamental right mandating that: "No person shall be deprived of his life or personal liberty except according to procedure established by law."

If you are an accused in a criminal case, then you have to take help of specific provisions of the criminal law (such as Evidence Act and Criminal Procedure Code, etc.) instead of harping on such academic issues. So, use the relevant individual specific section of law, when facing a specific problem during your criminal trial or investigation.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Others’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Improper investigation u/s 156(3) by police and judge dismissing the application
Who takes cognizance of a non-cognizable offence in a rural village or town?
How to compromise a case of assault on police (353) and non-obedience of order?
How can I obtain copies of Case Diary from police of investigation done in FIR?