spouse quota posting-how far? Husband in Central Govt and wife in State Govt.

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Service and Labour Laws spouse quota posting-how far? Husband in Central Govt and wife in State Govt.


This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Ashok Dhamija Dr. Ashok Dhamija 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

  • Author
  • #4671

    If the wife of a central govt. employee is working in state govt,does any rule permits the husband to get a transfer to the place where wife works overlooking the registration priority of all other employees? What I understood was that in a given organisation if both husband and wife are employed at different locations, wife or husband can be allowed transfer so that they can live together.Even here, can the posting be given overlooking registration priority of other employees?

  • #4679

    Please see my reply on a similar question (Husband and wife posted at different stations both being government servants) which discusses the provisions of the relevant Office Memorandum of the DOPT on the issue of posting husband wife at the same station to the extent possible.

    As per the instructions issued vide Office Memorandum F. NO. 28034/9/2009-Estt.(A) dated the 30th September, 2009 by the Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Department of Personnel and Training), following guidelines exist for transfer of a spouse when one spouse is working in Central Government and the other in a State Government:

    “(vii) Where one spouse is employed under the Central Govt. and the other spouse is employed under the state Govt.:-

    The spouse employed under the Central Govt. may apply to the competent authority and the competent authority may post the said officer to the station or if there is no post in that station to the State where the other spouse is posted.”

    Generally, efforts are thus made to post the spouse working in the Central Government to the station of the spouse in the State Government, or at least in that state.


    Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You may also like to read these topics:

If employee transferred unreasonably to different office, can he come late?
Will Supreme Court withdraw case from JMFC court for clubbing with HC case?
Regarding transfer on spouse ground in Central govt
Need valuable suggestions for transfer petition in supreme court

Facebook Comments