Share of property of 9 cent between mother and two married daughters

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Property Law Share of property of 9 cent between mother and two married daughters

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Sir, I wish to know about how to share a property of 9 cent with house. After my father’s death I(second daughter) lived with my mother and I have a sister also she is settled with her husband house. I am also married my family consist my husband and daughters live here(property)can you explain how to share it

On the basis of the limited information available, presuming that your father did not make a will, the property in your father’s name will devolve as per the provisions of Section 8 of the Hindu Succession Act. As per this, your mother, you and your sister will have one-third share each in the property, i.e., the property will be equally divided in 3 parts.

How to actually physically divide or partition this property is up to all of you.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Property Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Distribution of income gained from land property
Hindu succession act 1956 - if Hindu female dies without a will
partition of property - whether ancestral or self-acquired
Right to property of women governed by Dayabhaga school of Hindu Law