Regarding right to privacy of accused during investigation, once FIR registered,

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Regarding right to privacy of accused during investigation, once FIR registered,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Dr. Satish

http://www.news18.com/news/politics/stop-cops-from-giving-info-to-media-on-probe-bombay-hc-to-maharashtra-government-698113.html

govt informed bench headed by Justice Abhay Oka of Bombay High Court, it had come out with a new circular restraining from briefing Media on names: please help with copy of Govt circular & final Court order. Any similar order by Central Govt?

We are not in position to help you in this regard as this Forum does not provide documents.

Government circulars on issues like this are generally not available online. Moreover, with the details available, it was not possible to get the High Court order online. You may have to contact the High Court and/or the concerned Government. Contact the State Government (Home Department) or DGP of State through RTI.

Police is a state subject, so generally speaking, circulars on such issues would be issued by the states concerned.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

FIR closure by police and now I as complainant being called to court
Can I use RTI to get information about progress of investigation in FIR?
Police not filing charge sheet
FIR or Magistrate - what is preferable when I have sufficient evidence