Issue related with confirmation letter for job

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Service and Labour Laws Issue related with confirmation letter for job

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I work as asst professor in PEC-CHd. i completed one year probation period on 15-12-2018 and no contradictory letter issued to me so far. However now my head refused to sign confirmation of probation and is telling me that he will write negative about me.In my appointment letter it mentioned probation is for one year and can be extendable and during period of probation service may cancelled by one month notice in writing from either side.Please advice me how i clear it or can he terminate me?

It depends on the relevant rules / guidelines applicable in your organisation. You have to check these relevant rules / guidelines which are applicable to you.

For example, for the Central Government employees (these may also generally to organisations under the central government), the relevant guidelines in this regard are as under:

“The decision whether an employee should be confirmed or his probation extended should be taken soon after the expiry of the initial probationary period, that is within six to eight weeks, and communicated to the employee together with the reasons in case of extension. A probationer who is not making satisfactory progress or who shows himself to be inadequate for the service in any way should be informed of his shortcomings well before the expiry of the original probationary period so that he can make special efforts at self-improvement.”

This may imply that within 6 to 8 weeks of the expiry of the probation period, a decision to extend the probation may be communicated.

You can read these and other relevant guidelines with regard to confirmation of probation at this link.

However, as I mentioned above, you have to check what are the guidelines applicable in your organisation.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Service and Labour Laws’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Extra ordinary leave during probation period in central government
Legal issue - termination of probationer without warning or prior information
Termination Service Rules
Confirmation on transfer of service