Inter Commissionerate Transfer in Central Good and Service Tax department

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Others Inter Commissionerate Transfer in Central Good and Service Tax department

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I am working as Inspector at Central Goods and Service Tax, Ahmedabad. I am Hearing Handicap with 55%. as Per RR 2016, Inter Commissionerate Transfer is not consider. Am I eligible for Inter Commissionerate Transfer from Goods and Service Tax, Vadodara Zone to Jaipur Zone.

It will depend on your service conditions (such as conditions at the time of appointment) and the relevant transfer policy of the department. Unfortunately, I am not aware of both of the above in this particular case.

You may try filing an application on sympathetic grounds (of having hearing handicap, as mentioned by you) if the rules do not permit it in a routine way. I have seen some similar transfers in some other departments, even though normally such transfer was not permissible. If both the commissionerates agree, such transfer should be possible. You may also try filing an application before their common higher authority (such as the Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs). If nothing helps, you can consider filing a petition before the Central Administrative Tribunal challenging the order of refusal of the authorities. Sometimes, the Tribunal may be of help.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Others’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

What is the procedure to transfer a case from state police to CBI?
If employee transferred unreasonably to different office, can he come late?
Will Supreme Court withdraw case from JMFC court for clubbing with HC case?
Regarding transfer on spouse ground in Central govt