False allegations and not returning money

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law False allegations and not returning money

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Sir i am from dlhi n have a frnd who is a girl…we are frnds for lst 6 years…during that period I have given her some amount in cash as help which she was supposed to return me..now whenever I ask her to return my money she argues with me and now also threatening me that she would take legal action against me by alleging false sexual harassment case if i ask for my money…what should i do now to protect myself and also to recover my money…i hav recording of her threatening calls and also for money

From legal point of view, for recovery of money you may have to file a summary suit in the civil court having jurisdiction. You’ll have to prove the money lent to her and the other relevant issues.

Giving threats to someone would be covered as “criminal intimidation” as defined under Section 503 IPC, which is punishable under Section 506 of IPC. So, depending on facts of your case, you may file a case under Section 506 IPC. In this regard, also see:

More than this, I cannot comment since I am not aware of the full facts of your case as to whether and what evidence she has got on her allegations of sexual harassment. Sometimes, there is a possibility of fabricating such false allegations also. So, you have to take a call in this regard, whether to settle the issue with her amicably or to go in for the above case(s) against her. Since you already have the recorded conversations about her threats of filing sexual harassment case against you, it may perhaps help you if you file the case against her and then she retaliates against you. But, it has to be your call, as mentioned above.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Suicide, Abetment and Attempt to Suicide
what is equivalent of innocence till proven guilty mandate/dictum in india?
sign on blank 50rs stamp paper in 2013
No call details record of complainant in the FIR/ charge sheet