Corruption case against SARFEASI act

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Service and Labour Laws Corruption case against SARFEASI act

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Sir, I am grade b manager in psu bank . Customer was involved me false case against CBI . He was alligation I was asking bribe stoping the physical possession of the property. We have taken one property possessions on June 11 2015 along with my dgm and agm and other local police and revenue department.there is another property pending for physical possession . The customer gave complaint against me CBI demanding bribe and asking and instalments bribe . I don’t have any right to stop the SARFEASI proceedings . I am a grade b manager only . He was falsely implicated on me . I was under suspension more than 15 months. After that I was approaching court for revoke of suspension and I got favourable order . Based on the court order my bank had reinstated in to service in November 2016 therefore my bank had served me charge sheet for denying the charges. I gave areole both the line are same and cbi and bank and not able to give the defence oar present as the case is pending in cbi court . Pls advice accordingly

Please note that Explanation (d) to Section 7 of the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988, provides as under:

“(d) “A motive or reward for doing.” A person who receives a gratification as a motive or reward for doing what he does not intend or is not in a position to do, or has not done, comes within this expression.”

Therefore, where a public servant accepts a bribe, even if he was not in a position to do the work for which the bribe was demanded, it may still amount to an offence. Of course, the fact that he was not in a position to do the work would be a relevant fact, and may perhaps make the case a little weaker, but the fact remains that the law itself provides that even in such a situation, the offence may still be made out. So, ultimately, the case will be decided by taking a complete view of the detailed facts of the case.

Now that the case against you is pending in the court after charge sheet has been filed, you’ll have to fight it on merits, on facts of the case. You may engage some good lawyer for handling your case and show him all the relevant papers of the case.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Service and Labour Laws’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

FIR, charge, sanction under S. 13(1)(d) of PC Act but conviction under 13(1)(c)
Taking household expenses at one-third of income in disproportionate assets case
Section of Prevention of Corruption Act to book person giving bribe to employee?
Can Prevention of Corruption Act case be filed against retired public servant?