Action against corrupt Forest Range Officer in Maharashtra

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Action against corrupt Forest Range Officer in Maharashtra

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

A range officer of the forest department has been harassing me about the teak wood in my possession. I have genuinely purchased it but he suspects (perhaps to harass me) that I have stolen it from forest. He is demanding bribe of Rs. 10,000 from me for settling the case. What action can I take against him, also ensuring that I am not harassed in future?

You can file a complaint with the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Maharashtra in respect of the demand of bribe by the Forest Range Officer. ACB has its branches in all districts of Maharashtra. Contact details of the local ACB offices can be seen on the website of Maharashtra ACB.

The ACB can lay a trap to catch the public servant concerned red-handed while demanding and accepting the bribe from you. Usually, the ACB will help you subsequently in whatever legal work you have with the department concerned for which the bribe was being demanded, and will also ensure, to the extent possible legally, to protect you from harassment by the department concerned.

Before giving a complaint to ACB, if possible, you can record the demand of the bribe in your mobile phone. This may help subsequently to prove the demand of bribe.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

FIR, charge, sanction under S. 13(1)(d) of PC Act but conviction under 13(1)(c)
Taking household expenses at one-third of income in disproportionate assets case
Section of Prevention of Corruption Act to book person giving bribe to employee?
Can Prevention of Corruption Act case be filed against retired public servant?