Accident case in 279/337 and 427

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Accident case in 279/337 and 427

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

HI ,
      i got hit by bike in my car and i was going by speed of 70-80 on elevated highway and suddenly bike came from left and hit my car . i tried to control asap and my car damaged and they were injured . As it was village area so follow people advised me you leave from here as you are having family and they are safe and they reached hospital as well.
      After 4 months i came to knwo that there is FIR on my Name. what should be the procedure . i want to contest the case or shall i plead guilty even its not my fault.
      If i need to take bail from police station how much amount i need to carry for bail and what is procedure

Thanks

All the three offences mentioned by you, i.e., Section 279, 337 and 427 IPC are bailable offences. Therefore, getting bail is your right. The police itself would grant you the bail if you are arrested. You may have to sign a bail bond, may be you may also require a surety to execute a bail bond on your behalf. No cash would be needed for the bail. It may only be the bail bond.

You may contest the case in court and show that it was not your fault. It is not binding on you to plead guilty to the charges. However, the choice is yours. But, generally, people do not plead guilty and fight the case in court.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Circumstances change in a bail order
BAIL AFTER UPHOLDING VERDICT OF TRIAL COURT BY HC
What documents can be procured from court for applying a bail?
Cancellation of Bail by Sessions Court when bail was granted by High Court