A missing person removed from services,20years ago,any chance 4 family pension

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Service and Labour Laws A missing person removed from services,20years ago,any chance 4 family pension

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

My father went missing in 1995.my grandfather lodged an FIR in 1996 even my mother too lodged an FIR in 1997 but due to negligence of my grandfather,they didnt sumbit the FIR even didnt filled up any pension and other related forms.due to absence on duty,the department DOT(bnsl) filed an charged sheet in 1998 and removed him from services in 2000 but i dont know the order was ex-parte or not.In 2015, i got to know this then i forced my mother to file an application to GM of amritsar.They didnt not reply, i wrote an application to Hon.Prime Minister,as they got pressured by the upper authorities then we got this reply that he removed from the services and also they mentioned that the personnel file of my father is miss placed,what they have right now is only the service book records.

doocuments we have, FIR, declaration presumtion of death which obtained last year, application filed in 2015 and reply from the department.

Read this news report as per which family members of a missing government employee or pensioner can get all benefits including pension, gratuity and leave encashment among others after filing FIR with police station and following the necessary procedure, including signing of an indemnity bond.

Of course, your case is a little complicated since your father was removed from service due to his absence as you have yourself mentioned that your relatives were negligent in informing the Government about your father being missing.

Please note that in the case of removal from service, pension or family pension may not be admissible.

Further, you have not clarified as to whether your father is missing continuously since 1995 or he was traced thereafter (i.e., after his removal from service). This fact may also affect your case.

As per Section 108 of the Evidence Act, if nothing is heard about a person by the persons (such as relatives) who are naturally expected to hear about him, for a period of seven years, then such person may be presumed to be dead.

So, you may have to consult some local lawyer and show him all relevant documents / details and take his guidance about your case, in view of the complicated questions of facts being involved. As mentioned in our guidelines, we do not look into detailed facts of a case. However, I have provided broad guidance in your case on the basis of the general principles.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Service and Labour Laws’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

What can be done and what cannot be in a cross-examination?
Can a mobile phone screenshot be accepted as legal evidence in a case in India?
THE INDIAN EVIDENCE ACT - 2st Question
No call details record of complainant in the FIR/ charge sheet