Restoration of CrPc 125 once disposed of

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Family Law Restoration of CrPc 125 once disposed of

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Hari

Dear Sir,
      Kindly advise if the Family Court Judge (ADJ) has powers to recall or review his order disposing of CrPc 125 application.
      CrPc 125 was disposed of based on mutual settlement without any fear, pressure or coercion as both the parties agreed to live together.
      CrPc 125 was withdrawn by wife and Guardianship and 340 CrPc application was withdrawn by husband. There was one liner settlement and one liner order by the Magistrate that both the parties have mutually settled the matter and have decided to live together. All the criminal or civil cases will be withdrawn/quashed by both the parties.
      But later on wife backed out from the above and refused to come along the husband on the date agreed in the Court. Later on she moved an application (Miscellaneous) in the same court for reopening of the original CrPc 125. Notice received by me and I appeared in the Court. Judge asked me to file reply to that notice (which has false allegations which I will counter).

I found CrPc 362 and one Judgement (Andhra High Court
      C. Subramanyam vs C. Sumathi And Anr. on 17 October, 2003
      Equivalent citations: 2003 (2) ALD Cri 905, I (2004) DMC 456) which says that same Judge cannot reopen the disposed case.

Here is the link to Judgement https://indiankanoon.org/doc/1415806/

So my query here sir is to take your expert advice that whether the same magistrate has powers to reopen the case on such Misc application.

And in this case what should I reply to the notice I have received.

Many thanks in advance
      Hari

Unlike other types of orders passed by courts which cannot generally be reopened or reviewed by the same court, there are specific provisions in the Criminal Procedure Code which allow for modification / alteration of the order of maintenance under Section 125 Cr.P.C. by the same court in certain circumstances. For example, see Section 127 of Cr.P.C. and Section 125(4) of Cr.P.C.

Secondly, even after a maintenance application has been disposed of earlier, it may be permissible to file a fresh maintenance application if the necessary conditions requiring passing of the maintenance order are satisfied. This is on the basis of a fresh cause of action.

So, you may examine these legal provisions in the light of the detailed facts of your case. We cannot comment on the facts of a case. If needed, you may consult some local lawyer. If you find that your case does not fit in these legal provisions, then challenge the order of the Magistrate before the higher courts.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Family Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Section 23 of maintenance and senior citizen act 2007
Remedy for elderly parents if their child abandoned them
Does court of JMFC have unlimited power in relation to maintenance allowance?
False 498a ,506 cases on NRIs with Indian passport