Wrong entry in Form 26AS for Tax Deducted at Source

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Taxation Laws Wrong entry in Form 26AS for Tax Deducted at Source

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Ashok Dhamija Dr. Ashok Dhamija 1 year, 1 month ago.

  • Author
  • #2619


    In my 26AS form giving details of tax deducted at source, there is TDS shown as deducted and credited to my PAN account by a bank on my deposit. But I do not have any deposit or any account with that bank. Then how such TDS shown in my name? What should I do in this regard since this is a false or wrong TDS shown in my favour?

  • #2626

    You should make an enquiry with the bank concerned as to the details of the TDS. It is quite possible that this TDS might be by mistake since your PAN number might have been quoted wrongly by some other depositor, or may be the bank itself committed some mistake. If you bring it to the knowledge of the bank, they may correct their mistake and rectify the TDS Return to reflect the TDS against the correct PAN number.


    Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook Comments