Will anticipatory bail be applicable to other offence registered later?

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Will anticipatory bail be applicable to other offence registered later?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

I have already obtained anticipatory bail from Sessions Court for an offence under Section 420 IPC registered against me by a party. Now, the same party is threatening to register 2-3 more cases against me under similar sections. Will my existing anticipatory bail be applicable to these new cases also which are registered by the same party or I have to obtain fresh anticipatory bail in every fresh case?

Anticipatory bail granted to a person is applicable only in respect of the offence for which it was granted by the court. If another offence was registered against that person in the past, or if another offence is registered against him in future, then the benefit of anticipatory bail will not automatically extend to such other offence(s).

The person concerned has to apply afresh for anticipatory bail in such other offence(s) as well, and get separate order for grant of anticipatory bail from the competent court under Section 438 of the Criminal Procedure Code.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The Question ‘Will anticipatory bail be applicable to other offence registered later?’ is closed to new replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Victim opposing grant of anticipatory bail order by Sessions Court
False FIR registered, anticipatory bail rejected, how to prevent arrest?
Anticipatory bail rejected in high court
Seeking anticipatory bail after lower court issued warrant for non-appearance?