Will 125 CRPC maintenance case affect selection for Government job?

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Will 125 CRPC maintenance case affect selection for Government job?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

Sir, I am facing a maintenance case filed by my wife under Sec. 125 of CRPC. Interim maintenance order is also passed. I am appearing for competitive examination for gazetted officer job in Government. Can this case affect my selection? Can job be denied to me for this offence under Sec. 125 CRPC? Please guide me.

Firstly, please note that the Section 125 Cr.P.C. proceedings do not relate to an offence. These proceedings are for seeking maintenance. Therefore, merely because there is a Section 125 Cr.P.C. proceeding pending against you, does not mean that you are accused of any offence.

Moreover, generally speaking, pendency of investigation or FIR may not come in the way of appointment. Conviction in a criminal case may of course be a different thing.

Therefore, pendency of Section 125 Cr.P.C. proceedings may not come in the way of your getting a Government job.

However, you must clearly and transparently mention the details of whatever case is pending against you in any court or with police, etc., in the forms required to be filled up at time of applying for any service related examination or at the time of appointment.

It may be pointed out that giving any wrong or false information may render the applicant liable for disciplinary action.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Improper investigation u/s 156(3) by police and judge dismissing the application
Who takes cognizance of a non-cognizable offence in a rural village or town?
How to compromise a case of assault on police (353) and non-obedience of order?
How can I obtain copies of Case Diary from police of investigation done in FIR?