Successor of family pension – 37 year old unmarried unemployed daughter

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Family Law Successor of family pension – 37 year old unmarried unemployed daughter

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I am 37yrs old and would like to apply for family pension. My father was a pensioners and died after that my mother was getting family pension and died so whether I am eligible to get the family pension since I am unemployed and unmarried daughter?

I have already replied to a similar question in detail: Family pension to unmarried daughter of more than 25 years age.

Please read that. As per this, if your father was working in the Central Government, then you, being the unmarried and unemployed daughter, would be eligible to get the family pension even if you are above the age of 25 years.

However, since you have not mentioned where your father was working, if your father was working in some other Government or organisation, then you’ll have to check the relevant rules of the concerned Government or organisation where he was working.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Family Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Family Pension - will standard deduction under Salary be separately available?
Sanction Gratuity & Pension to the Govt Officials convicted in ACB cases
family pension deduction u/s 57(iia) of Income Tax Act
Family pension for son of deceased