SPELLING MISTAKE IN NAME OF EDUCATIONAL CERTIFICATES

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Civil Law SPELLING MISTAKE IN NAME OF EDUCATIONAL CERTIFICATES

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

My fathers name in my SSC, hsc and be certificates are with an extra “n”.his name is “Radhakrishna” which is printed as “Radhakrishnan”.
      On another side, all my id’s(pan, aadhar, passport, driving license) has the correct name printed ie. “Radhakrishna”.
      I passed my SSC in 2007. what is the procedure to correct my father’s name in all my educational certificates for future use?

I have answered a similar question previously which is available at the link: Correction – change of name of father in SSC – 10th marklist CBSE.

Please read that it appears to be covering your question also.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Sir in my case I have passed from the state board in 2007 and thereafter in all my educational certificate my father’s name is with an extra alphabet “n”.

now when I have to apply for my passport I noticed this issue, as all my other document has my fathers’ name correct with an alphabet less.

what is the procedure to correct this?

You may try filing an application for correction in the name of your father, along with reasons for delay. If the authorities do not agree, then you may have to approach the high court by filing a writ petition under Article 226 of the Constitution. It is no guarantee that you’ll get success, but this is what can be tried. It is said that law helps those who are careful.

Otherwise, if it is really a serious issue for you, you can consider requesting your father to change his name by following the process for the same, which includes publishing the change of name in the Official Gazette of the State Government. Once it is done, you can annex the copy of the Gazette notification along with the educational certificate where your father’s name is spelled wrongly. It should take care of the error. Contact the authorities in your state to find our procedure for change of name.     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Thank you sir .
      This seems to be quite long procedure and difficult to complete as am not in my home town. After my marriage i have been shifted. can i do the other way round to change the name in all id card according to my educational certificates.
      will that solve my problem?
      or

can i change my middle and surname with my husbands name in all the important id cards .
      so my educational certificates are not involved in this procedure.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Civil Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.