SLP in supreme court – how much time for getting stay of high court order?

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Civil Law SLP in supreme court – how much time for getting stay of high court order?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

sir i want to know uppsc is filing slp in supreme court how much minimum time it will take to get stay if possible against allahabad high court order

It is not possible for me to comment about any specific case as I am not involved in that case and am not aware of the facts of the case.

However, generally speaking, wherever the Supreme Court has to grant the stay, usually it is granted on the first date of listing before the regular bench.

You may also see: How many days it takes SLP to be listed before Supreme Court after it is filed?

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

sir thanks for answering i would like to know if caveat is already filed in any case in supreme court,when the notice is issued to the caveator if after registration of slp or after first hearing plz rep sir

If the caveat is filed then the caveator will get copy of the SLP before the first listing in court. Unless copy is served on caveator, the SLP will not be listed in court. The caveator can opposite grant of stay.     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Civil Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Dairy case no.4766/2020 filed on dated 5-2-2020 in SC, remarks shows defective matter
Do Benefit of court order limited to the concerned person
Riyaz Ahmad Sheikh vs State Jammu Kashmir (diary no 1269/2020)
Civil matter related case query.