Section 138 B reply to this notice

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Others Section 138 B reply to this notice

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Neha Verma

A person has given me rs 1,50,000/- by cheque on 4 % interest rate. He said me to give a cheque of rs 4,50,000/- against it, Today he i am unable to py the amount of interest and within 1 month he presented the cheque in my bank and it bounced. and how he has sent me notice for the payment of rs 4,50,000/- but it is wrong how can i prove that wrong .? I only took 1,50,00/- from him by cheque but the person is claiming it that he has given me 4,50,000/- .???? can anyone advice me how to revert to this notice.?

Firstly, it is not understood why did you give him a cheque of Rs. 450,000/- when you say that he gave you a loan of only Rs. 150,000/-?

Secondly, if he has sent you the notice of Rs. 450,000/-, as you have mentioned, then he would have given the details of the loan given to you, i.e., in what form it was given – whether part of that was given in cash or whatever?

You have to reply on the basis of whatever the correct facts are as per your own version. If you are willing to make the payment of the loan amount, then you may negotiate with him and settle the matter.

In the absence of having seen the detailed facts, it is not possible to guide you on facts. If needed, please engage some lawyer to draft the reply on your behalf by showing him all relevant details / documents.     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Others’ is closed to new Questions and replies.