Reimbursement of mdeical expenses

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Others Reimbursement of mdeical expenses

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Geetha B S

I am physically handicapped(100%) 71 years unmarried daughter of a deceased Reserve Bank officer. RBI has been giving me pension since my parents’ demise in 2006. I was recently hospitalized for almost a month and was at times in ICU also. I have incurred an expense of RS. 4 lakhs approximately for my hospitalization and medicines. Am I eligible to get medical reimbursement? I have all the bills issued by doctors and nursing home.

Sorry. We don’t have any information about the RBI Rules relating to reimbursement of medical expenses incurred by those getting family pension. We tried checking this information online, however this information was not easily available. You may have to contact concerned RBI office for clarification on this issue as to whether such reimbursement is available for medical expenses, and if so, then up to what limit and subject to what conditions. If needed, you can file an RTI application with the concerned RBI (Reserve Bank of India) authorities.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The Question ‘Reimbursement of mdeical expenses’ is closed to new replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Family Pension - will standard deduction under Salary be separately available?
Sanction Gratuity & Pension to the Govt Officials convicted in ACB cases
family pension deduction u/s 57(iia) of Income Tax Act
Family pension for son of deceased