Regarding after effects of quashing of FIR in police verification

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Service and Labour Laws Regarding after effects of quashing of FIR in police verification

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

I am applying for a job in the Central Government. In the application form, there is a column for all FIRs registered against the applicant. Previously, one FIR was registered against me by police, but it was subsequently quashed by the high court. Am I required to show details of this FIR in the application form which has already been quashed?

The fact remains that FIR was registered, even though it was subsequently quashed by the High Court. Therefore, if there is a column in the police verification requiring that details of all FIRs should be mentioned, then it should be mentioned. Secondly, in the column asking about disposal of the FIR, you can mention that the FIR was quashed on the ground that it was registered by the complainant due to misunderstanding.

Likewise, if there is a column asking for details of pending criminal cases, there, of course, you can mention that no case is pending since this FIR was quashed.

It is necessary that correct and full information is provided to the Government at the time of seeking employment, so that there are no complications in future.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Service and Labour Laws’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

When police illegally registers FIR against and arrests a person
Can case under section 353,332,42,431,504,506 IPC be quashed?
How to get a copy of FIR when the accused is not yet arrested?
Elaborate example of FIR in a cross case