RE-PRESENTATION OF BOUNCED CHEQUE

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law RE-PRESENTATION OF BOUNCED CHEQUE

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      adarsh js

Sir

I have been issued with a cheque form a builder and the same got dishonored. My question is as per new RBI regulation can i present the cheque again within the validity.
      Once i consulted an SBI Branch Manager she told me that as per new RBI rules cheque once dishonored cannot be presented again. For this a new cheque has to be produced.
      I request you to kindly clarify my doubt.

THanks

As per the judgments of the Supreme Court, it should be possible to file a case if the cheuqe is dishonoured on second presentation.

If there is a RBI circular that prohibits the second presentation of the cheque itself, then it has to be seen and examined legally. Please send a copy of the RBI circular.     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.