Permission for LL.B. course during government service

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Service and Labour Laws Permission for LL.B. course during government service

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

I am in a government service. Can I join LL.B. course which is regular course but the classes will be held in the evening after office hours? Do I need permission of Government for this also?

Usually, a Government job is considered to be a full-time job even if you are required to work only for a few hours. It requires your complete devotion and dedication.

Therefore, even if the college timings for the LL.B. course that you want to pursue are beyond the office hours of the Government job and are not in conflict with the Government job, it may still be advisable to obtain permission from the Government or the competent authority in this regard. It is better to take prior permission in order to avoid future complications. Generally speaking, the Government may permit you for pursuing this course if it finds that your job will not be adversely affected by the same.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Service and Labour Laws’ is closed to new Questions and replies.