otp message loop hole

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

this a credit card fraud phishing. when otp arrived it does not mention the amount that was gonna be deleted and a warning.
      can the faulty loop hole be penalized as a defective service on banks? I mean it did not give me chance before pressing the button.
      npcc has mandated a format for rupay but rbi not for master and visa credit cards.
      can the banks be penalized for this? rbi is not helping much! I have to take bank to civil court to win this? please help.

Firstly, it depends whether you want to pursue your individual grievance for compensation, etc., or you want to fight for improvement of the system in general.

In the second situation, you may first write to the competent authority, which appears to be the RBI, with the changes suggested by you. Pursue with them for some reasonable time. If no satisfactory action is taken, you can consider filing a writ petition (PIL) in the high court, in consultation with your local advocate. But, please understand that it is not easy to improve the system. It takes years to fight with the system and a lot of time, energy and money may be required to fight with the system. And, yet, success may not be guaranteed.

In the first situation (i.e., where you are interested only to pursue your personal grievance), first approach the branch concerned. If you don’t get justice, you can approach the grievance cell of the bank (visit their website to get details) with your complaint. If you don’t get justice from there too after waiting for the prescribed time period (which is generally 30 days), you can approach the Ombudsman of the bank (who is an independent person appointed by the RBI) with your complaint; you can get details from the bank website.

If you don’t get justice from the Ombudsman too, you will generally have the option of filing an appeal before the appellate authority, which means a Deputy Governor of RBI, generally.

You also have the option to file a complaint with the consumer court concerned, which may be district forum, state forum or the national forum (NCDRC), depending on the amount involved.

For more accurate advice, please consult a local lawyer with the detailed facts of your case.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The Question ‘otp message loop hole’ is closed to new replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Commercial dispute under MSMED Act, 2006
Bank dpd - departmental proceedings, promotion, sealed cover
Non bailable warrant for not paying Bank loan emis
Family liability in criminal case when a family member commits fraud