Mutation in revenue records

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Others Mutation in revenue records

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Dear sir, I have submitted an application in local tehsildar office for mutation of my agriculture land on basis of registered will and it is pending in land revenue record tehsildar office since jan 2018 and they are not taking any action on it. I keep chasing on it and had a word with tehsildar and tehsildar told me that he has given instruction to work on it on basis of section 135(2) but still they are holding it and doing nothing. Could you please advise me what option legally I have to get it done without greasing their palm as it’s been more than 2.5 years now? Also is their any time limit specified for these work?. My query is related to Rajasthan land revenue matter.

Though I am not an expert in the land-revenue-records related matters of a particular state, and you may have to consult some local expert, my simple search at Google showed that under Rule 121(X) of the Rajasthan Land Revenue (Land Records) Rules, 1957, the following provision exists in this regard:

“(x) All mutation cases must be disposed of by the Revenue Officer or the Village Panchayat, as the case may be, in accordance with the procedure laid down in these rules within twenty days of the receipt of the papers, and if any case is not disposed of within this period by a Village panchayat, the Sub-Divisional Officer shall arrange to transfer the same for immediate disposal to the Tehsildar of the Tehsil in whose jurisdiction the land is situated.”

This shows that the Revenue Officer is required to dispose of the mutation case within 20 days. You should contact the SDO office and file appropriate application, if no action has been taken after a long period.

You can search “Rajasthan Land Revenue (Land Records) Rules, 1957” at Google to see these Rules online for more details.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Others’ is closed to new Questions and replies.