Law degree issue

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Respected sir,maine apni law ki degree job karte karte complet ki hai,mai job karti hun ye bat maine apne department k hod ko nhi bataya tha,bad me mujhe pata chala ki mere hi batch me kai aise student the jo government job me the aur law kar rahe the ,esh bat ki jankari hamare HOD ko bhi thi ,unhi k support se ho raha tha,….mai janna chahti hun ki esh tarah se prapt degree manya hai ya nhi? Please jarur bataiyega,aur ye bhi bataiyega ki esh case me kya mai arrest ho sakti hun agar koi complain kare to?

As far as I understand, your law degree should be valid since you would have satisfied all conditions of the university and bar council of India while passing the law examination; otherwise they would not have awarded the law degree to you.

The problem, if any, may be from the Government department, since you did not obtain permission for getting law education while being on full time Government job. Sometimes, it may be considered as a misconduct for which some departmental penalty may be imposed. However, if your Government department knows about it and does not want to take any action, then just relax.

Getting education while in Government job without taking Government permission may be a misconduct under the Govt rules, but it may not be an offence. So, I don’t think there is any chance of arrest.     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Others’ is closed to new Questions and replies.