Join goverment job after 03 years.

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Service and Labour Laws Join goverment job after 03 years.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I was offered a government job in 2015 with a remote location posting. I accepted the offer saying that i will not be able to join remote location , so change my posting location. Which they denied.
      Now after almost 03 years , do i have any right to pick this matter ? If i am ready now to join the remote location , can i get the job back ?

Usually, the offer to join a Government job is valid for a limited period. The concerned appointing authority may sometimes indicate even the last date of joining too. If the person to whom the Government job has been offered, does not join the service within the period allowed, if any, the concerned authority may offer the same job to the next candidate in the waiting list, if any; or such authority may advertise the vacancy afresh and conduct a fresh recruitment.

Therefore, generally speaking, there are little chances that the post which was offered to you is still lying vacant and nobody was given this post after you declined to join it.

However, if the post is at a remote location, sometimes such posts keep lying vacant if nobody is willing to join there.

Therefore, what I would suggest is that you should contact the concerned department / authority, and inform them that you are willing to join at this stage in the same post even at the remote location. If it is possible due to the post being vacant, and also if the rules permit it, the authority may perhaps allow you to join the post.

You can also check the relevant recruitment rules / joining rules of the concerned department to see if there is any provision in these rules which can help you in such situation.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The Question ‘Join goverment job after 03 years.’ is closed to new replies.