IF ANYBODY FILLED WRONG F.I.R

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law IF ANYBODY FILLED WRONG F.I.R

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

IF person “A ” filled Wrong F.I.R against Person ” B ” (myself) .The police favour/support to person “A”. Person “A” had wrong medical report that I hit him on his face and body and wrong witness of persons as a evidence, who are his frnds. The police not investigating properly the case. When I asked to police to know about F.I.R copy. The police don’t give me F.I.R copy & not provide any information about the case. Now, How to go for CBI Investigation. I don’t believe that Local Police help me. What should I DO?
      Kindly Show me path.

Firstly, let me point out that the accused person is entitled to get a copy of the FIR registered against him on payment of the applicable legal fees. For this purpose, read my article: Does an accused have a right to get copy of the FIR registered by police?

In this regard, please also note that recently, the Supreme Court directed the states to upload FIRs on the website within 24 hours.

In view of these, you should be able to get a copy of the FIR, either from the police or download it from the Internet.

Let me also point out that in such type of cases (hitting on the body or the face), it would not be possible to get the case transferred to CBI.

At the same time, if you have some genuine grievance about improper investigation being made, you can meet the senior officers of police, such as the Superintendent of Police in the district or the DCP in the city (as the case may be). They may be requested to ensure proper investigation. If needed, you may request them to transfer the case to their local crime branch, etc., or to some other police officer.

Moreover, if you feel that there is no evidence against you, you can try to get the case quashed and for this purpose, you may have to approach the high court with a petition under Section 482 of Cr.P.C.

You can also try to give whatever evidence you have in your favour to the investigating officer or to the senior police officers, so that the investigation can be balanced. Try giving such evidence in a manner that you can have proof of having provided such evidence to them.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Improper investigation u/s 156(3) by police and judge dismissing the application
Who takes cognizance of a non-cognizable offence in a rural village or town?
How to compromise a case of assault on police (353) and non-obedience of order?
How can I obtain copies of Case Diary from police of investigation done in FIR?