How to request for enquiry by an independent agency like CID , CBI

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law How to request for enquiry by an independent agency like CID , CBI

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Sir,

My wife filed false cases of 498a,323,506,406,3/4 against me and my family. Since the inception of the interrogation , IO and other police officers are in complete support of the wife. Even IO used to talk with me arrogantly and asked me to give some money else he would favour my wife. Sir, chargesheet is not filed yet. Is there any way, investigation could be done by cid or cbi sir ? Can we approach sessions/high court for the same and is there probability that the case would be transferred to these independent agencies sir ??

Please help sir, I am on the verge of getting arrested. IO is pressurizing me to give money and settle the case else face arrest. Money is too huge to settle .

In order to get the transfer of investigation to another police officer within the same district or city, you can approach the superior officers of police. If your case is in a district, approach the SP / SSP of the district. If it is in a city police, approach the CP or DCP concerned.

In case you want to approach a court for getting the investigation transferred to CID or CBI, then you’ll have to approach the high court. However, the chances of success in getting a matrimonial case transferred to CID or CBI are negligible.

If the I.O. is asking for bribe from you, you can approach the Anti-Corruption Bureau of your state. They can lay a trap and catch the police officer concerned while demanding and accepting bribe from you.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.