How to reinstate a disowned son?

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Family Law How to reinstate a disowned son?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Ashok Dhamija Dr. Ashok Dhamija 11 months ago.

  • Author
  • #3443

    Mother disown her son by writing on a stamp paper and filed in court. Also by publishing in 2 newspaper a Public notice regarding the same, couple of years back. Now the relation between son and mother is cordial and loving. She wants to reinstate him back so that after after her death, son gets share in the property and mother wants him back. The father expired few years back. Now son is taking care of the mother. She wants to give him property, she has with her. What is the procedure to negate the public notice disowning the son, so that after her death, son can have the right on the property and nobody questions his authority? Mother has 1 son unmarried and major and 2 married daughter

  • #3449

    For this purpose, the mother can use the same method which she used earlier to disown her son. She can file a fresh affidavit in the court (wherever she had filed it earlier), give fresh public notices it in newspapers, etc., of her intent. In addition, if she wants to give her property to her son after her, she can prepare a will in favour of the son and get such will registered.


    Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook Comments