Help on whereabouts of Indian national missing aboard

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Others Help on whereabouts of Indian national missing aboard

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Ashok Dhamija Dr. Ashok Dhamija 1 year, 9 months ago.

  • Author
  • #1484


    My brother had gone to Saudi Arabia from Hyderabad, India. He is a citizen of India. He went there for a job. There is no response from him for last 3 days. There is no information about his whereabouts in Saudi Arabia. We are really worried about his well-being. How can I contact the authorities to get information about my brother?

  • #1485

    As per the information made available on the website of the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, you can contact the Indian Embassy / Consulate in Saudi Arabia, whose contact numbers / details can be seen from the website. Alternative, you can register your grievance on the MADAD website which has been started by the Ministry of External Affairs, at Alternative, you can also call the Overseas Workers Resource Centre (OWRC) for assistance.

    For contacting these authorities or registering your grievance online on the above website, you have to provide details of your brother’s Indian passport, visa, sponsor/employer’s name and contact details, and the name and contact details of your Recruiting Agent (if applicable).

    The Indian Embassy / Consulate will approach the local police / government authorities of Saudi Arabia on the basis of your grievance, and they will try to get some details about your brother. The Office of the Protector General of Emigrants will also approach the sponsor/employer through your Recruiting Agent, to try and get more details.

    This may perhaps help.


    Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook Comments

[Note: For a free legal question with your Facebook login, click here.]