Getting job with pending case under Sections 323, 504, 506 IPC

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Getting job with pending case under Sections 323, 504, 506 IPC

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ravi Kumar

Sir can I get a government job through ssc exams if i have a pending case under ipc section 323,504 and 506?
      Can I be eligible for the post like scientific assisstant in Indian meteorological department which is conducted by ssc?

I think it should be possible for you to get the job during the pendency of an offence under Section 323, 504, 506 IPC. Of course, the ultimate decision is with the concerned authority which has to take a call in this regard.

But, you should not conceal the information relating to the offence against you while filling in the police verification form or the attestation form.

However, please note that if there is a conviction subsequently, then the Government may take action against you even if job was provided to you earlier during pendency of the case.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.