Fresh employment under same Government after removal penalty?

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Service and Labour Laws Fresh employment under same Government after removal penalty?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

I have been removed from a central government service, after having served for 3 years. It was a regular service and I had been confirmed in service prior to the removal. I feel that I have been wrongly removed from the service. I have already challenged my removal. My question is – can I apply for another job under the Central Government after my removal as a penalty from my first service under the same Government? Am I eligible for another employment under the same Government?

The penalty of removal from the central government service is not a bar for a future employment under the same government. Please note that Rule 11(xiii) of the Central Civil Services (Classification, Control and Appeal) Rules, 1965, which defines the penalty of “removal” itself clearly states this fact, as shown below:

“(viii) removal from service which shall not be a disqualification for future employment under the Government;”

Therefore, it should be clear that the penalty of “removal” from an earlier service under the Central Government is not a disqualification for future employment under the same Government and you can apply for another employment.

However, please keep in mind that you may have to satisfy at the time of seeking the new employment as to why (and what grounds) you were removed from the earlier service. This is because this aspect may be relevant for showing your conduct and discipline in the previous service.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Service and Labour Laws’ is closed to new Questions and replies.