FIR Quashing & Media Pressure

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law FIR Quashing & Media Pressure

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hello sir- In the past two weeks we have seen Supreme Court quashing/staying FIRs against Major Aditya and Priya Warrior in just 2-3 days. How come these cases were taken up so soon? Is it because of media pressure? My quash/stay petition is pending for admission even after 50 days. Mine is in Bangalore High Court. Lawyer is trying his best but it has not even come up for hearing. All objections have been clarified. What exactly do I need to do?

It is a fact that high profile cases get priority in courts. Moreover, some senior lawyer would have mentioned the case before the Supreme Court for urgent listing due to which it might have been listed urgently. Both the cases mentioned by you had attracted headlines in national media. Even otherwise, in Supreme Court, usually a case gets normally listed within about 10 days after filing and defect-removal.

In one of your previous questions, I had suggested that you may ask your lawyer to mention your case to high court for urgent listing, if you have some ground for urgent listing. Secondly, I don’t know how many days it usually takes for the normal listing of a fresh matter in Karnataka high court. You should ask about such procedural issues from your lawyer (to whom I hope you would be paying professional fee) since it is he who is supposed to reply to such questions.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Dairy case no.4766/2020 filed on dated 5-2-2020 in SC, remarks shows defective matter
Do Benefit of court order limited to the concerned person
Riyaz Ahmad Sheikh vs State Jammu Kashmir (diary no 1269/2020)
Civil matter related case query.