Filing Private complaint under sec 200 cr.pc. read with sec 167 IPC and 120 B

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Filing Private complaint under sec 200 cr.pc. read with sec 167 IPC and 120 B

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Tc Gupta

Sir,
      Behind my house MP housing Bhopal constructed single story shops in 1975. In 2014 the shop owner constructed Tin Shed size 20 feet by 50 feet. Due to this I am facing difficulties as Fresh Air and light is onstracted.I lodged complaint with Muncipal corporationn and MPHB and by issuing notice it was removed.
      Now he has again constructed the shed. On getting information in RTI I find since last 15 years shop owners were trying for permission to constructed but refused. I have more 30 letters issued by mp housing board stating the roof of the shops is under thier ownership and they can not allow construction on roof of shops.
      Now under RTI I got one note sheet where MP hosing board officials have allowed noc to Muncipal corporation for allowing construction. In the note sheet concerned officials have not disclosed the facts of 30 letters issued where it is mentioned that roof is the property. These officials have also concealed various other things like encroachment by shopkeepers.
      Hence the permission given hiding facts.
      I have lodged complaint with police but they are not taking action.

Whether I can file private complaint under 200 Cr.pc etc against officials of MP Housing Board.
      Please guide

If you are confident that you have sufficient evidence to prove the offences under sections mentioned by you, then you can file a private complaint under Section 190 of the Cr.P.C. read with Section 200 thereof. It is permissible under law. More so, since the police has refused to register the FIR.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Improper investigation u/s 156(3) by police and judge dismissing the application
Who takes cognizance of a non-cognizable offence in a rural village or town?
How to compromise a case of assault on police (353) and non-obedience of order?
How can I obtain copies of Case Diary from police of investigation done in FIR?