Filing Private complaint under sec 200 cr.pc. read with sec 167 IPC and 120 B

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Filing Private complaint under sec 200 cr.pc. read with sec 167 IPC and 120 B

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Ashok Dhamija Dr. Ashok Dhamija 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

  • Author
  • #4096

    Tc Gupta

    Behind my house MP housing Bhopal constructed single story shops in 1975. In 2014 the shop owner constructed Tin Shed size 20 feet by 50 feet. Due to this I am facing difficulties as Fresh Air and light is onstracted.I lodged complaint with Muncipal corporationn and MPHB and by issuing notice it was removed.
    Now he has again constructed the shed. On getting information in RTI I find since last 15 years shop owners were trying for permission to constructed but refused. I have more 30 letters issued by mp housing board stating the roof of the shops is under thier ownership and they can not allow construction on roof of shops.
    Now under RTI I got one note sheet where MP hosing board officials have allowed noc to Muncipal corporation for allowing construction. In the note sheet concerned officials have not disclosed the facts of 30 letters issued where it is mentioned that roof is the property. These officials have also concealed various other things like encroachment by shopkeepers.
    Hence the permission given hiding facts.
    I have lodged complaint with police but they are not taking action.

    Whether I can file private complaint under 200 Cr.pc etc against officials of MP Housing Board.
    Please guide

  • #4097

    If you are confident that you have sufficient evidence to prove the offences under sections mentioned by you, then you can file a private complaint under Section 190 of the Cr.P.C. read with Section 200 thereof. It is permissible under law. More so, since the police has refused to register the FIR.


    Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You may also like to read these topics:

Where can appeal be filed in a compoundable summons trial case?
Can police arrest person despite his appearance in compliance with S. 41-A CRPC?
Can the Section 161 CrPC statements be signed by a police officer?
Seeking anticipatory bail after lower court issued warrant for non-appearance?

Facebook Comments