Family pension to widow and unmarried daughter

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Family Law Family pension to widow and unmarried daughter

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Respected sir,

My father was a retired BSNL employee and he deceased on 5/11/2017 , my mother will receive the pension now, also i have an unmarried elder sister attaining age of 40 years old, can i enroll her name for family pension.

Thanking you.

Regards

Niraj kumar Bharati,
      Bara bazar near puja pandal ,
      Tinsukia, Assam, 786125

Please note that in the circumstances mentioned by you, as per the rules applicable to Central Government employees (rules should be similar for BSNL employees, I presume), the family pension shall not be payable to more than one member of the family at the same time. As per the rules, if a deceased Government servant or pensioner leaves behind a widow, the family pension shall become payable to the widow, failing which to the eligible child. Therefore, till the widow of the retired employee survives, the child of the employee is not entitled to any family pension. In view of this, at present, your sister would not be eligible for family pension and such family pension would be payable only to your mother till she is alive.

Also see, Family pension to unmarried daughter of more than 25 years age.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Family Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Family Pension - will standard deduction under Salary be separately available?
Sanction Gratuity & Pension to the Govt Officials convicted in ACB cases
family pension deduction u/s 57(iia) of Income Tax Act
Family pension for son of deceased