Family pension to unmarried daughter of more than 25 years age

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Service and Labour Laws Family pension to unmarried daughter of more than 25 years age

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Is it possible for an unmarried daughter of age more than 25 years (I am 27 years) to get family pension from Central Government? Here, the widow of the retired Government servant, who was earlier getting family pension, has already died. There is one son who is now 30 years old. I am the unmarried daughter with the age of 27 years.

Yes. An unmarried daughter is eligible to get the family pension even if she is above the age of 25 years. As per the Office Memorandum No. 1/19/03-P&PW (E) dated 6th September 2007, issued by the Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pension, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare, now an unmarried daughter who is beyond of age of 25 years is also eligible to receive family pension. It has been mentioned in this O.M. as under:

“The Staff Side of National Council (JCM) had raised the issue of extension of scope of family pension to unmarried daughters of the Government servants/ Pensioners even after attaining the age of 25 years at par with the widowed/ divorced daughters, which has been agreed to in principle.  It has, accordingly, been decided that the unmarried daughters beyond 25 years of age shall also be eligible for family pension at par with the widowed/ divorced daughters subject to other conditions being fulfilled.  Grant of family pension to unmarried/ widowed/ divorced daughters shall be payable in order of their date of birth and younger of them will not be eligible for family pension unless the next above her has become ineligible for grant of family pension.  It is further clarified that family pension to unmarried/ widowed/ divorced daughters above the age of 25 years shall be payable only after the other eligible children below the age of 25 years have ceased to be eligible to receive family pension and that there is no disabled child to receive the family pension.”

In your case, you appear to be eligible to receive family pension subject to income and other conditions since your brother is not eligible to receive it now.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

My name is R.Rajasekar.I am living in Virudhunagar. Tamil nadu. My father and mother are teachers.In the year 2010 my father expired.So my mother get her pension and fathers family pension. In 2016 my mother also expired. Legal heirs are my elder sister age 51, me age50, and younger sister aged 48. All are unmarried. Both my sisters are unmarried and​ unemployed. They have no income. Whether they can get both father and mothers family pension jointly in my sisters joint bank account or they can get fathers family pension to elder sister and mothers family pension to younger sister. Kindly clarify sir

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Service and Labour Laws’ is closed to new Questions and replies.